Friday, February 8, 2013

Tasting - Black Opal Shiraz

Name: Black Opal Shiraz
Variety: Shiraz
Region: South Eastern Australia
Country: Australia
Year: 2011
Price: $5.95
Review: The Black Opal wines are sourced from vineyards found in South Australia along the Limestone Coast, at Langhorne Creek and in the infamous Barossa Valley. Black Opal Shiraz is rich red in the glass. Aromas of blackberry, pepper and spice followed with rich plum flavors round out the palate. Soft tannins give structure to the fruit-driven palate.

My Review: Definitely a darker smell than the previous red I tasted (the Meditrina). Upon the first taste I thought that the wine had a tang to it. Then I was able to taste the pepper and spices, which I thought made the wine very heavy and not as good.

Food? I did not have this wine with food.

No comments:

Post a Comment