Friday, February 22, 2013

Tasting - Morada Sangria

Name: Morada Sangria
Variety: Sangria blend
Region: Unknown
Country: Spain
Year: NV
Price: $4.95
Review: Morada Sangria is a traditional Spanish drink made with red wine and citrus extracts. Garnet color and fresh on the palate. Pasteurization preserves the color, aromas and flavors. 7% Alc. It is a very refreshing Sangria with around 85 grams of sugar. Sangria is now one of the hottest items in the beverage industry and it's growing exponentially year to year. Serve well chilled, on its own or with lemonade and slices of fruit like peach, banana or apple.

My Review: I thought it smelled very citrus-y, although the exact fruit eluded me (it reminded me vaguely of a hand lotion I had years ago, a fact which helps no one). I thought it tasted like Kool-Aid - like orange juice but without the acidic bite of orange juice. I'd drink it again, but not necessarily when I'm in the mood for wine.

Food? I did not have this wine with food.

No comments:

Post a Comment