Friday, February 15, 2013

Tasting - Dibon Cava

Name: Dibon Cava
Variety: Xarel-lo, Parellada and Macabeo blend
Region: Penedes
Country: Spain
Year: NV
Price: $9.95
Review: The nose offers regal yeast and richness, while the palate has complexity to prop up apple, citrus and grapefruit flavors. Solid from front to back, with health and freshness.

My Review: A very bubbly sparkling wine that gave off a floral taste. I did not detect any obvious fragrances. I did think it was rather bitter and I did not like it very much.

**Update 2/28/13** For some reason they tasted this wine again at the Vintage Cellar this week. This time around I thought it was refreshing and fairly sweet and overall very nice. Which review should you believe? I don't know.

Food? I did not have this wine with food.

No comments:

Post a Comment