Thursday, February 28, 2013

Tasting - Monte Aman

Name: Monte Aman
Variety: Tempranillo
Region: Arlanza
Country: Spain
Year: 2009
Price: $5.95
Review: Fermentation of selected grapes in stainless steel tanks at controlled temperature. Aging in American oak casks for 5 months followed by 3 months in the bottle before being released in the market. Inky ruby. Ripe cherry and plum on the nose. Smooth and fleshy, with deep dark fruit flavors complicated by bitter chocolate and anise. A spicy quality adds lift and focus to the weighty fruit. Offers an appealing mix of power and energy and drinks very well right now.

My Review: Definitely smelled the plum aroma. Upon tasting I thought the wine was very bitter, and I did get hints of a bitter chocolate flavor as described above. However, I just didn't like the taste of the wine.

Food? I did not have this wine with food.

No comments:

Post a Comment