Friday, February 8, 2013

Tasting - Opera Prima Pink Moscato

Name: Opera Prima Pink Moscato
Variety: Moscato
Region: La Mancha
Country: Spain
Year: NV
Price: $5.95
Review: This fine sparkling presents and intense aroma of fresh berries and tropical fruits with hints of white flavor petals. Delicate bubbles caress the palate offering a silky and pleasant sweetness well balanced by a crisp, refreshing finish. Ideal on it own, as an aperitif or with all types of sweets and desserts.

My Review: I thought this tasted like a very tart Fresca. I generally like Fresca but the grapefruit-like taste was not really something I appreciated in my wine. It was also very fizzy which lent to the soda aspect, and I thought it smelled like sugary syrup. Not a wine to live up to the previous Moscato I tasted (the Bartenura Moscato).

Food? I did not have this wine with food.

No comments:

Post a Comment