Friday, February 22, 2013

Tasting - Les Perles Piquepoul

Name: Les Perles Piquepoul
Variety: Piquepoul
Region: Cotes de Thau
Country: France
Year: 2011
Price: $7.95
Review: Light and young, this is a straightforward but enjoyable selection that would be an ideal match for light fare such as grilled chicken salads or fluke. Apple flesh, nectarine, and sweet citrus oil aromas and flavors appear on the nose and palate, while the short finish is infused with a flavor of green melon rind.

My Review: The person at the wine store said that "Piquepoul" roughly translates to "lip-smacking" and I felt myself doing that exact motion after tasting the wine. The wine was a light golden color and had a taste that was fairly tangy. My overall impression was that the wine was very light.

Food? I did not have this wine with food.

No comments:

Post a Comment