Friday, April 12, 2013

Tasting - Caprice de Bastor- Lamontagne

Name: Caprice de Bastor- Lamontagne
Variety: 60% Semillon, 36% Sauvignon Blanc, 4% Muscadelle blend
Region: Sauternes
Country: France
Year: 2004
Price: $7.95
Review: Very clean, with lemon, mineral and honey aromas that follow through to a medium body. Shows vanilla, apple and melon flavors, with a medium finish. Lightly sweet.

My Review: I was quite excited to try a wine from Sauternes after reading the Zraly book. Unfortunately, I was very disappointed by this wine. I thought the wine had an odd smell, almost like chemicals or oil. The first thought I had upon tasting was that it tasted like nasty sweet medicine. One of the things I hate most in this world is liquid cough syrup so I was not thrilled to drink a wine that reminded me of it. Yuck.

Food? I did not have this wine with food.

No comments:

Post a Comment