Thursday, April 25, 2013

Tasting - Lobetia Chardonnay

Name: Lobetia Chardonnay
Variety: Chardonnay
Region: La Mancha
Country: Spain
Year: 2011
Price: $9.95
Review: Organically and naturally grown and made, this wine allows the varietal and the terroir to stand out cleanly. Clean, bright color with a greenish-yellow tone. On the nose, exotic fruits like pineapple. Full flavored, fresh, with good acidity in the mouth, it finishes with tropical fruits.

My Review: I thought this had a stronger fruit smell than the previous wine (the Trattoria) - maybe a mix like pear and peaches? I thought the wine was very smooth. I did detect the "tropical fruits", although I tasted more of a passion fruit blend, like a smoothie I had at Jamba Juice the other day. A pretty good wine.

Food? I did not have this wine with food.

No comments:

Post a Comment