Friday, April 5, 2013

Tasting - Veleta Brut Vino Espumoso Rosado

Name: Veleta Brut Vino Espumoso Rosado
Variety: Sparkling Blend
Region: Granada
Country: Spain
Year: NV
Price:
Review: Rosé salmon with copper reflections. Slow rising fine bubble that forms “lace” and “rosary”. In the nose is complex and elegant with red fruit, citric, exotic, fresh flowers, and notes of dry fruits and dry flowers. Fresh, gentle, and alive. Perfectly integrated “perlage” with serious and subtle flavors of dry fruits, pomegranate and lemonade. Long lasting scent of flowers and herbs.

My Review: I thought this wine smelled very fruity - I detected a very specific peach scent to the wine. I thought the wine was very dry and tasted almost tomato-y or like some other acidic fruit. Perhaps I was tasting the lemonade flavors mentioned above. The aftertaste seemed almost like copper to me - I definitely did not like the flavor of this wine.

Food? I did not have this wine with food.

No comments:

Post a Comment