Friday, April 5, 2013

Tasting - Ruta 22 Malbec

Name: Ruta 22 Malbec
Variety: Malbec
Region: Patagonia
Country: Argentina
Year: 2011
Price: $7.95
Review: Stout and dense from the beginning, with blackberry and violet aromas. Despite being a bold and dark Malbec, this is fresh and composed, with sweet blackberry and cassis flavors. Good on the finish, with candied fruit and caramel sweetness.

My Review: This wine had what I thought was a "classic red wine smell" with a blend of red berries to the aroma. It tasted like watermelon with a hint of spice to it. Specifically, it tasted like the crappy watermelon pucker schnapps my roommate had as long as you removed the overly sweet or sour tones of the schnapps. As strange as it sounds, that's exactly what this tasted like to me.

Food? I did not have this wine with food.

No comments:

Post a Comment