Friday, April 12, 2013

Tasting - Smoking Loon Sauvignon Blanc

Name: Smoking Loon Sauvignon Blanc
Variety: Sauvignon Blanc
Region: California
Country: USA
Year: 2009
Price: $7.95
Review: This bleached blonde beauty is reminiscent of fresh green apples, pineapple and has hints of hibiscus blossoms. The concentration of zesty lemon and gooseberry fills your mouth leaving notes of thyme and melon behind. The bright acid in this wine gives you a zing while the fruit keeps your mouth watering for more. This wine pairs beautifully with a grilled prawn salad with a grapefruit vinaigrette, veggie spring rolls or grilled tilapia with mango salsa.

My Review: I didn't detect much in the nose of this wine. I thought the taste was very acidic, with hints of something I could not place - perhaps the lemon mentioned above. The wine finished with a crisp feeling on the palate.

Food? I did not have this wine with food.

No comments:

Post a Comment