Saturday, March 9, 2013

Tasting - Bitch

Name: Bitch
Variety: Grenache
Region: Aragon
Country: Spain
Year: 2009
Price: $9.95
Review: Opaque Ruby.... Broad and fleshy on the palate, offering syrupy blueberry and plum flavors and a touch of bitter licorice. ... This jammy wine would be a great one to crack open after everybody was too hammered to notice its confectionary character, or to friends whose booze preferences run towards Frozen Mudslides and double B-52s. Rumor has it that some people are into this style. - 87 Stephen Tanzer

My Review: When I opened the bottle I swore I smelled fresh bread dough. In the glass it smelled more fruity, like cherries - it was a very deep, dark red wine, the "opaque ruby" is an apt description. I thought it had a little sweet fruit taste that was very smooth. I did find it to be a little thin or hollow-tasting. I bought it primarily because of the label and I wasn't too disappointed with the wine inside.

Food? I did not have this wine with food.

No comments:

Post a Comment