Friday, March 29, 2013

Tasting - Tres Ojos Garnacha

Name: Tres Ojos Garnacha
Variety: Garnacha
Region: Calatayud
Country: Spain
Year: 2011
Price: $6.95
Review: The wine has a brick red color with a bouquet of red raspberries, spice and white pepper. The palate is incredibly concentrated and rich. The modern styles of Garnacha in Spain are continuously being perceived worldwide as wines of extraordinarily good quality. This wine is fruity, juicy and shows a great depth, ripe tannins, length but yet with wonderful elegance and lightness. Enjoy with sausages, roasted meats, aged cheeses etc.

My Review: I thought this wine had a very fruity aroma, although I didn't detect anything specific. It tasted pretty spicy to me, but it had an overall smooth finish and seemed very well balanced. Definitely a drinkable red wine, much better than the previous wine tasted (the Montebuena).

Food? I did not have this wine with food.

No comments:

Post a Comment