Thursday, March 21, 2013

Tasting - Cortenova Pinot Grigio

Name: Cortenova Pinot Grigio
Variety: Pinot Grigio
Region: Veneto
Country: Italy
Year: 2012
Price: $7.95
Review: Brilliant straw color with emerald reflections. Fresh and floral bouquet with a hint of pears, apricots and bananas. Fresh and inviting with bright fruit and an easy drinking style with a pleasing hint of almonds in the aftertaste. Pairs well with seafood dishes, risottos with scampi, spaghetti with clams, sole in white wine Perfect also as an aperitif.

My Review: I was surprised at how clear this wine was - in my wine glass it almost looked like water, there was so little color in it. I didn't really detect any scent from the wine, and likewise I didn't detect any taste. Besides for the slight tart taste, you could have fooled me into thinking I was drinking water.

Food? I did not have this wine with food.

No comments:

Post a Comment