Thursday, March 21, 2013

Tasting - Domaine de Grange de Payan

Name: Domaine de Grange de Payan
Variety: Blended (majority Grenache)
Region: Côtes du Rhône
Country: France
Year: 2011
Price: $8.95
Review: Intensely spicy and precise, with lively red berry flavors and a hint of black pepper. The Grenache, which makes up the majority of the wine, is deeper and more powerful, offering cherry and black raspberry qualities lifted by zesty minerality.

My Review: This wine had berries in the aroma, with a much "darker" smell than the previous red tasted (the Tinto Figaro). When tasting I could definitely taste the pepper in the wine - it made me wish for a nice steak or meat dish to have with this wine so I could appreciate it more.

Food? I did not have this wine with food.

No comments:

Post a Comment