Friday, March 29, 2013

Tasting - Montebuena

Name: Montebuena
Variety: Tempranillo
Region: Rioja
Country: Spain
Year: 2010
Price: $8.95
Review: Ripe cherry and blackcurrant on the nose and in the mouth. Pliant and seamless in texture, with good heft and back-end energy. Finishes smooth and sweet, with fine-grained tannins providing shape and grip. Still on the young side but this wine drinks very well with an hour or so of decanting; it’s an excellent value for Rioja.

My Review: I caught hints of spices and cherries or blackberries in the nose of this wine. When I tasted it, I was overwhelmed by the tannins in the wine and I couldn't really taste anything else in the wine. Perhaps it needed to breathe more, but as I had it, the tannins were too powerful.

Food? I did not have this wine with food.

No comments:

Post a Comment