Sunday, March 10, 2013

Tasting - Yellow Tail Pinot Grigio

Name: Yellow Tail Pinot Grigio
Variety: Pinot Grigio
Region: Southeastern Australia
Country: Australia
Year: 2012
Price: $5.99
Review: Lively green apple and pear aromas with a crisp, clean and refreshing palate in this Pinot Grigio wine. (From Yellow Tail)

My Review: I thought this wine smelled very tart, with a hint of some sort of gasoline-like smell. It tasted like a giant, fat, slightly mushy pear - the bottle had already been opened for an indeterminate amount of time so I'm not sure what it would taste like fresh. It was still easily drinkable, though.

Food? I did have this wine with a pork chop dinner but I did not notice any special new tastes brought out by the food. I didn't think it was that much of a wine to savor with the food.

No comments:

Post a Comment