Thursday, March 21, 2013

Tasting - Tinto Figaro

Name: Tinto Figaro
Variety: Garnacha
Region: Calatayud
Country: Spain
Year: 2009
Price: $6.95
Review: Figaro is 100% Garnacha, made from a selection of the best grapes grown in the oldest vineyards. While not truly an "oaked wine", a short stay in oak barrels provides a nice spicy flavor boost. Bright violet. Dark berry and cherry aromas show a jammy aspect. Supple and gently sweet, with good lift to its black raspberry and boysenberry flavors. Smooth and broad on the finish, leaving behind a hint of spiciness. Extremely easy to drink and an excellent value.

My Review: I thought this wine had a very deep cherry or raspberry aroma. On the tongue I felt a lot of tannins, with a slight bit of spice. The wine lingered with a not unpleasant raspberry aftertaste. I would definitely agree with the above review in tasting this wine.

Food? I did not have this wine with food.

No comments:

Post a Comment